BenOaks & Friends – a circus of talented musicians, artists, dancers & performers are bringing their last show of 2018 to Station One Center for the Arts in downtown Lancaster, PA on Friday, November 16th at 8pm.
- Girl Science – Phoenixville’s favorite heart-breaking duo. You can find them singing melancholy goth/folk music and drinking wine. Inspired by all unknown local original music and aspiring to start their first tour.
- Comedy performances by Tim Carr – IG: www.instagram.com/nottimcarr
- Tim Carr is a writer/actor/director working on the East and West coasts. Tim has been seen in many national commercials (Sprite, Wendy’s and Publix to name a few) feature films and television (Rocky Balboa, Safe, All My Children) and wrote and directed last year’s critically acclaimed ‘The Other Ripken’. He’ll be seen next in the television pilot ‘Franklin Street Station’ and in New York and comedy stages with sketch comedy at Upright Citizens Brigade. In pre production on his next films “Bartender’s Song” and “World Class Fad”.
- Greyyy – Lancaster based blues/funk/soul band featuring notorious triphop/hiphop producer Benjamin Oaks on guitar & vocals, Clayton Stief (also of Fair Wages) on drums & Sam Walton on bass
- Soapless Opera – renaissance rock- combining influences ranging from easy listening to heavy metal, jazz & Celtic with insightful and contemplative lyrics, Soapless Opera leads you on adventures of thought and emotion! heightening our awareness of how closely we are all tied together. Soapless Opera began more than 10 years ago in Tacoma, WA until Robert relocated to Lancaster in 2006.
- live painting & art installation by Darren Jordan – @djordanart
- Darren is a fine artist and an art educator. He currently leads a figure drawing group @ SOCA. Click here for the Facebook event page.
why called a ‘THANK YOU’ party?
“for the Thanksgiving spirit & coming up on my year alcohol free & taking care of my mental health… i want to thank every one. for making life interesting. for being them. for caring. for being complicated. for the smiles. for the push. for being open to new experiences. for being open to love & kindness. & helping one another. i want to thank my new home of Lancaster. the people i’ve met here are inspiring. you have all welcomed me & been a huge part of my growth & current healthy mind the incredible art & music scene in LANC has really pushed me to step up my game! i want to thank my friends for being a part of my complicated & challenging yet very rewarding life. i want to thank my family for loving me. i haven’t always been so easy to love. i used to make it quite difficult. i am glad i am now taking care of myself. so i can handle my responsibilities & take care of my family. thank you. new or soon to be friends. thank you for being a part of this web of life. thank you for the rant. I promise fri nov 16th is gonna be a CELEBRATION & FUN :)” – b. oaks